We are looking for individuals who love the hard work involved in caring for the land and animals on the farm.
Contact us to find out if these positions are a good fit for you!
Open PositionsOpen Positions
---Always Accepting Applications---
Farm System Operator
The Systems Operator is responsible for the efficiency and functionality of the robot and main dairy manure systems. They must exhibit SwissLane's Core Values of: Making Hay While The Sun Shines (Problem Solving Skills) and Turning A Nickel Into A Dime (Efficient Use of Resources).
Role and Responsibilities
• Implementation of Preventative Maintenance Program • Equipment Repairs (Valves, Pumps, Bearings, Scrapers, Sand Washer, Separator, etc...)
• Troubleshooting- Inspecting Equipment, Structures, and Materials to identify problems
• Monitoring Processes- Improve efficiency or detect problems
• Determines and communicates personnel needs with Supervisor
• Attend daily meetings to be assigned to Special Grounds Maintenance Projects
• Communicates and coordinates with rep from equipment dealers for troubleshooting, ordering, and maintenance inquiries
Average 50 hours/week, must work on rotating weekend schedule
• Competitive Pay (based on experience)
• Health Insurance
• Simple IRA match
• Continuous Education and Training
• Strong interpersonal skills: gets along well with others
• Able to work independently & in a team environment
• Servant spirit with strong sense of stewardship
Other Qualifications & Basic Skill Requirements:
• High School Diploma or GED
• Reliable transportation
• Constantly moves through pens to fetch cows
• Absenteeism of 3% or less
• Able to lift 50+ lbs on a consistent basis
• Constantly works in outdoor weather conditions
• Employment of 1yr required for to advance to a Herdsman
• Minor Troubleshooting Abilities (Robots and other mechanical systems)
• Knowledge of Basic Computer Functions
Serious Candidates: Email your resume along with a completed application to be considered.